Oct 31, 2011

My last day...

I m not going anywhere.
I m not desiring to leave. 
But I m left by the team that I love to work with :-(

Today is my last day working for my Judge boss and the team in the old Civil 2. They'll do NCVC 1. Starting from tomorrow I'll have a new sets of Judge and the interpreters, secretary and odeli altogether when the new judge reports duty :-(

I'll be missing the dearly judge for his sms, caring thoughts, and soft voice :-( I'll also be missing the hardworking interpreters Mat and Kas. I'll be missing the cooperative odeli Yunus and friendly secretary Kak Moon. But I'll still be doing my daily boring-time consuming profile thingy :-(

Sigh.

Good things have never stay long with me. I guess it's fated.

When I came into civil in 2009 I first served YA D, until Oct 2009. We had huge arguments and misunderstandings on a matter. She was nice except certain things that makes me feel that being a judge, she should not have reacted that way, especially when you deal with senior lawyers. Okay that's it. 

I then was directed to serve other judge because the then Managing TP was transferred to the HQ, so I got to replace the new Managing TP's duty at Civil 8's court. It was a great relieve to leave the A-Track role because it was a huge responsibility that required sacrifice as to times and energy.

From the middle of Oct 2009 until Sept 2010 I served T-Track Judge YA Puan Z. She was really nice soft spoken person. When she said a thing, it would go directly to your heart and you will remember it. She was a motherly type too. It was heaven to work with her in the lay back T-Track nature. I almost 'goyang kaki'. Almost.

But being lay back doesn't mean that I had less responsibility because I was required to handle Perakuan Segera. I had to stay on duty when the time came, chased by the lawyers and briefed the Judge who was appointed to hear the matter. Those judges were YA D, YA Dr P, YA Tn L, and any judge on standby duty when it was courts vacation and long holidays. So no actual 'goyang kaki' la...

YA Puan Z left service upon its expiry because she told me she wanted to focus on her prayers and family. Her husband is a pilot and she thought before her husband ends the job, she wanted to tag along to circle the whole world in peace, without thinking of the lousy job. Farewell Puan Z. I m missing your kindness :-(

When she left, I was boss-less for quite sometimes until Kak T was appointed the managing TP and I had to replace her serving YA DV. This occurred in the middle of Oct 2010. This was the shortest-cum-meaningless term in life. I was not required to do any profile. If I did, no one would bother to read. If we had file distributions, all that I was required to do, was to write letters and send them accordingly. The file matters were the business of the interpreter, the senior Kak Jah and the Judge himself. I was not needed there. But without realizing it, I was actually required to see the Judge every now and then, just to spend sometimes to talk about recent news and issues, which I had forgotten or failed to adhere to because I thought it was not my priority. I was supposedly asked to do judgment dictation but the Managing Judge had warned the judges not to 'utilize' the officers to do other than the matters that are assigned to them. Dictating judgment is not part of it. Hence, DV did not call me to do his judgment dictation. But he told Kak T, I was 'useless' in his court. Off course he didn't say it directly. He just said, I think my court does not have any officer :-( she did not come to see me :-( Kak T told me of this and in my defensive mode I said I went and saw him but he's always busy.

In November 2010 YA DJ came in from Penang and he's required to do A-Track matters. He was initially given a SAR to do the profiles while the management of the court remains with Kak T. The SAR was burdened with the profiles and she left many important things aside. Kak T was upset with having to entertain continuously the complaints from DJ. So she said she trusted me more than DV. She thought it was DV who made up stories and I was someone that people can rely on with works. She thereby took me out from DV and placed me to do A-Track under DJ. I said goodbye to DV with mixed feelings. Feeling relieve from unreasonable painstaking, but absurd with many works that await. Oh boy, I was with A-Track judge and I know the demanding duty there. But still I agreed to return and suffer like before. It sound crazy but I had no other choice or this is the choice that I had to make rather than to remain with a boss who talked bad on your back, and kept silent when you are around. I started back A-Track in Nov 2010 up until God knows when.

See. Good things always leave me in many ways :-(

I am happy with DJ although the works were tremendously demanding you to be closed to the table more than to your colleague. What makes me happy is the team that I am in. The boss that don't disturb you, but caring at all times. The diligent interpreters whose best works could not be denied. The obedient secretary and odeli I could not find in other place. How can I not feel comfortable.

The new Judge has come. I greeted her. She looks fine. But being a 'she', it would be much different to work with. Something that disturbs me quite well is the fact that she does'nt use texting sms as a medium of communication. Everything must go before the secretary. Sounds so protocol. Indeed. When I asked her old officer, she said YA DH is a protocol-ist in all aspects. The introduction cuts all my mood to know deeper. What is more uninteresting is that I had to release my SAR for the Judge whose SAR had left for other post. Kak T provides me with a SAR who is known for her bad attitude. She loves escaping works. 

Sigh.
Sometimes it feels tiring to serve big people with huge demand on top of their head. I 'd served 5 big persons in my entire 7 years of service. The good one stayed too short. Perhaps I should mandi bunga or something. 

No comments: