I m writing this for the sake of my english (cewah!)
I had a terrible afternoon session today.
We had a heart-wrenching meeting with the MJ and all J.
Just before that, I had a 'listen and learn' session with MJ as I was called to clarify on the complaint made against me by one idiot lawyer (not all are idiot, remember). I was called after N, the other unlucky guy.
Why was I called? I thought my written explanation suffices the answer to the complaint. I spent quite a while to prepare my 2-pages statements. I thought Pn S had given it to MJ or had read it before explaining it to MJ as she told me, it was for her use to back me up (yea right!). But, as MJ gv the lectures (more of tortures actually) I could see that he had no idea and was not briefed by the dearly Pn S. Okay... to explain from A to Z is not an easy thg. He's a J remember? He's always right.
He asked why did I do this and that, and I guess he understood my reasons. I took 25% of the blame and leave the rest with N who did almost all mistakes and in fact as MJ spoke to N all the time, he would every now and then put me into his words as "I m speaking this to both of you" although he would lie his eyes mostly on N and looked insufficiently reasoned out by N.
MJ said we failed to check the law every time we did our job. We did a merely profunctory works. We did not bother to learn how thgs are done, or why are certain practices being carried out by lawyers. We are the group that leave evthg to the hands of the lawyers and do nothing to increase our knowledge. We would suffer great difficulties if we are elevated as JCs, just like how our current colleagues from service are doing. There is a huge gap between the JCs who are from service and JCs who are from practice. Pple from opposite side are doing a lot better than us.
I guess, all that he wanted to say is a short remark of - how lousy you guys being my officers! (sigh!)
I did'nt feel so much guilty for that complaint. But MJ does, as he has to answer to the Bar in tomorrow's meeting. He said he would tell the bar that his officers are generally lack of knowledge and experience, but they are learning. In fact he almost say that we had wasted our couple of years in service by maintaining this attitude. As if, what ever we did, was not worth a compliment nor appreciation, but rubbish.
I don't know why, but it seems that we, the officers are being made the best place to complain and throw the blame. Is it not possible to appreciate us?
During the meeting thereafter, we got more complaints from J. One J said that our english are very broken (based on the previous meeting's minutes prepared by our MTP). She said, this will reflect on all J being so not good in english. She suggested to have a compulsory english classes.[Everyone was like - o' ooh...]
MJ suggested otherwise. Everybody to do some write-up, then the J would have the liberty to circular the commented write-up to all over the court complex so the officers who had terrible english will be embarrassed and thereby will try to improve. He said only embarrassment could teach better lesson.
I dont favour any of the suggestions. But lucky that MJ is open to alternative suggestions that we could address to him via MTP.
Other J complained that in lieu of our mere profunctory works, some of us did our case management using words alike sms. For example: Dont know - dunno, just - juz, etc. I truly hv no idea who was it. But again, if the words carry similar meaning to the real intention, why bother? The J said, we are doing similar minutes. We keep repeating the same thg without even bother to check on previous minutes by previous TP. Not to mention that some of us are doing touch and go kind of management. (sigh!)
For those J who complained, thank you. I wish I could see how do they perform while they were in our shoes years ago. Perhaps they did super brilliant, hence they say we are too lack of knowledge, or in the bad words - being ignorant and stupid.
One tolerant J said, they shd not put all the blame on us (thank you boss) perhaps the officers have their own grievances that we never care to know. Then MJ asked the floor, what do you have to say. No one speaks a word. MJ then directed our MTP to get our response, to reduce them specifically in 4 paragraphs, in 1 page, with fonth 14, arial double spacing.
We were like, what??? - do you really concern our difficulties? Then why limit our grievances into 4 para in 1 page only?
We were sooooo exhausted, feeling emotionally tortured and we left by 6.30pm. There was a huge jam in Jln Tun Razak heading Pahang Circle and while lining up on the bridge between PWTC and pekeliling, the kancil car in front of me banged into the back of myvi on its front. Then the kancil stopped and suddenly came down to lie on my car. I continuously pressed my hon to get the driver alarmed because I could not reverse as the alphard on by back was too close. Before his car hit me, he pulled his handbreak and got out. Luckily the alphard could reverse down and moved to the right lane, and thereby I could safely reverse mine and move as well. It took me 40 minutes to reach home feeling truly tired and emotionally distressed.
It was indeed a bad afternoon for me.
I hope tomorrow will be a good day. It's friday after all...
1 comment:
CL, this is a sad post, especially to any officers who had worked hard, sacrifed their time and engergy for the success of the system.
Yes, officers do have their limits, and of course in any aspect of our working life, there are rooms for improvements.
Instead of blaming the quality of work of the officers, prehaps there should be an assement of the system that is in place, was enough time given for each officers to carry out thier work?
were the officers even given enough training from time to time to improve thier skill?
No, instead their are asked to carry out more work,do this and that projects, there was no time to put in any input for training as the officers were constantly badgered to keep up with the system!
Keep in mind its all about speed...so something got to give.
But to actually limit a single page for the officers to pour out their sob stories to the management, well, frankly thats just too precious for words.
It's actually an act of great generousity on their part!
Post a Comment