Jan 6, 2009

Poor Arissa...

I came early. Leaving my dear Arissa sleeping tight in her blanket, just like a grown up girl. She didn’t have good sleep last night. Keep awaken and cried for milk. When fed, she sucked little and sleep again for couple of minutes before awaken again. As if she’s in a great hunger, but in heaven sleepiness. Pity her much. She didn’t gain much weight this month. The first two weeks I took her to the babysitter, she added only 100gram to her weight. I took a week leave and spent more time with her. She turned heavier. But when I took her to the babysitter again, she became lighter and unhappy. Her face didn’t glow like before. I am worried. Perhaps she didn’t get enough nutrition. Mother in law went to a surprise visit to the babysitter’s home and she said the babysitter kept Arissa asleep in the cradle almost the whole day. And she couldn’t find the time when Arissa was milked. We were wondering too whether mom was telling the truth or only within her perception. But the milk stock we sent to the babysitter hasn’t finished for long while in normal routine she’d finish a can of 900g in a week.

I wanted to hire a maid. But the cost to get one via the maid agent is too high, considering that I am having a house-to-buy commitment right now. Sending Arissa to the nursery is an alternative. But we couldn’t find the nearest to our home. I thought of taking her to nursery at Segambut, but the journey from my house to Jln Duta (which is near Segambut) is so long and so jam that I am afraid I cldn’t feed her when she cried during the traffic worst. Husband’s office hour started at 9 until 6 and his route is the opposite to mine making it impossible for him to take us to my office in early morning.

So, ask the mother in law’s favor to take care of Arissa everyday. That ‘d solve much of the problem. Yea right… MIL ni masalahnya suka sgt main dgn Arissa. Arissa tgh tidur pun dia sibuk suruh bangun main dgn dia. With the babysitter, Arissa could have been insufficiently fed, but with MIL, she would have been made a toy to entertain the granny and earn little sleep everyday… I myself do not trust in my MIL to raise my baby because I know her flaws which is so real and clear.

No comments: