9/8/2010 at 5pm.
Arissa is fast asleep. It's been 2 hours and I was still wandering arnd trying hard to get myself connected to the internet. Yes, internet connection is suck here, what more in the study room. It's been like this since we moved in. My lappy is now at the kitchen, right on the table top facing the window's of the neighbor's kitchen. LOL!
And Arissa's lousy dad has not come back from work. He called once, just before he moved from a site to another.
If I were going for work today, I would have been back. It's past 4.30pm and I take early punch out the whole Ramadhan :-)
Arissa is no well again.
Again??? Sigh!
That would be my mom's feedback if she ever knew. Ev'one would respond the same. Arissa ni kenapa asyik sakit aje? Believe me, I get bored myself, but hey look who's talking. I m the mother. I can explain that Arissa got a really low self-immunity against viruses, and that is making her prone to viruses. Poor Arissa. But anyway I took a friend's words of wisdom as an encouragement - Arissa tu nak jadi somebody bila besra nti agaknya, tu yang senang sakit...sabar lah yea.
This time she's diagnosed with HFMD.
I never thought that Arissa can be infected with this disease. we have done our best to get Arissa a nice and tidy and clean place. Perhaps she got it in nursery.
Two weeks ago, she got fever on and off. That was because she got coughs and flu. Then the following week doctor said she got swallown toncil.
On Saturday night, as her antibiotic had finished, we decided to see Dr Salmi at Cheras Perdana's Klinik Kita (which took us an hour to reach, duhhh...). He said Arissa was okay except that her left ear was kind of blocked . He prescribed new medicine for the fever, antibiotics as well as the liquid for the ear. Toncil was not swallown.
Sunday, the whole day Arissa was cranky. Temperature arose. When I gv the antibiotics, certain rashes came up at the wrist and mouth. At night we brought her again to Dr Salmi. He then diagnosed her with this disease.
He said, it's not dangerous. He gave some liquid medicine for the ulcer in mouth, and some cream for the rashes in hands. None developed at her feet and under the nappy.
I was worried about this disease. We did some research and learnt that this is amongst the normal diseases that caught toddlers below the age of 3. There is a possibility that Arissa would get another attack by different virus in future. We had to monitor the environment and make sure evthg is hygenic for her.
What worries me more is the fact that Arissa is taken care off in nursery. I would'nt know the hygiene there. Husband and i have been discussing on alternatives, but all are abandoned. There is only one way to prevent Arissa from getting sick too often. It's either me, or her dad to take care of her - which is much more than just impossible!
Tuhan, berilah kami kekuatan...
No comments:
Post a Comment